2.24.2015

.Master Bedroom DIY Makeover.

 
yellow is the happiest color in my opinion...


 
I found this dresser at a yard sale a few years ago. I bought it for $20 I believe. (More than I usually spend on furniture at a yard sale, but I loved it) It was black when I purchased it. The previous owner had spray painted it. I purchased some primer and some adorable shades of yellow and went at it! I attached a beautiful removable applique to the top drawer to give it a little 'pop'. I love it! 

 
 
these are a few of my favorite things...

 
and the greatest of these is love...
 
....................................
 
Sorry for the delay in updates these past few days. We had significant snow fall and we have been stuck indoors doing lessons, watching movies, and well...just having a fun time! Sometimes time away from electronics can be to our advantage. I love spending time with my boys. When we are playing board games, building with lego's or just playing out in the snow. Making memories that will last a lifetime!
 
I thought I would post about my master bedroom 'makeover'. Since we moved I had a whole new palette and 'clean slate' to work with. So I figured why not dress it up a bit! DIY is my style these days. Why pay big money for things you can do all on your own for just a few bucks?
 
The dresser shown above is one of my favorite DIY projects I've ever done. I'd say #2. #1 I will post another day. (You'll want to stick around for it though - it involves dinosaurs and a little boys room. It is NOT my PB knock off canvas paintings either. That was a project from a few years ago and since then the boys room has changed numerous times! You'll love it though, or at least, I did!)
 
I love adding vintage treasures around my home. The lace table runner over the top of the dresser I found at a yard sale for $1. It is a pretty cream color and goes nicely in our master bedroom. The candle sticks I found at a garage sale for $2 (for the pair) and the birdie jewelry dish was my splurge - pottery barn for $19 I believe (don't count me on that, but I think it was less than $20). Of course I added my Willow Tree figurines. They are special treasures that I have received over the years since I have been married and had my children. I added the applique to the top drawer of the dresser for $1. Dollar Tree finds are simply the best!
 
Bedding came from T.J. Maxx for $40. This is a queen set. It is Cynthia Rowley - I just adore her line of products! Throw pillows also came from T.J. Maxx for $20 (for the pair). Throw pillow (grey) actually came with another bed set from previous years.
 
Table lamps I purchased at Wal Mart years ago. They were a see through green and I painted them yellow. I also re-furbished my shades using leftover fabric from craft projects and cut the flowers out of old tee shirts. (lol) Hot glue gun and some scissors...BAM! DIY dream. {ignore the crooked/leaning lampshade}
 
End Tables I purchased out of a catalog a few years ago - for some reason I thought painting them white at the time would make me happy, but they didn't so I painted over them with a lovely glossy grey spray paint and I absolutely love how they turned out! And of course I placed my Mother's yellow doily under the lamp.
 
So, this is just something super simple that I did over the past year and I wanted to share with you all just how simple and easy it really is to make your space look fresh and brand new without spending hundreds of dollars and too much time on it. Each one of these projects took me minutes. The dresser took the longest at about 24 hours (that includes drying time of course).
 
Any rooms you want to makeover? I know I'm already looking at my bathroom! Hmm...what paint color to put on the walls? What tile to put down? Decisions, Decisions...
 
...................................
 
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment