2.25.2015

.cinnamon & sugar crisps.

 
Have you ever wanted a tasty snack but are on the verge of having bare shelves and it isn't even close to grocery day? GASP! Yeah, I've been there. Not that I don't keep my pantry stocked or fridge shelves full, but I don't buy snacks. Not 'unhealthy' ones at least. I try my best to buy fresh fruits and veggies for snacks for my family. However, there are those moments when you just crave something sweet! We had one of those moments today. Well, I had to fix that problem right then and there.
 
I searched my Pinterest boards and found this super simple recipe for a sweet and crunchy treat!
 
Ingredients: Tortilla Shells (soft), Stick butter, Cinnamon, and Sugar. THAT'S IT!
 
Pull out a baking sheet and pre heat your oven to 350. Take your tortilla shells and lay them on your baking sheet. Melt half a stick of butter in a microwave safe dish for about 30 seconds - 1 minute. I'd advise you place a paper towel over your dish, otherwise you will have butter splatters all over your microwave (been there done that!). Next take a basting brush and baste your tops of your tortilla's with the melted butter (do so generously, you don't want to skimp on the butter or it won't turn out very well). Then after all your shells are basted, mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl with a fork. Shake/sprinkle over your shells. Then flip all shells over and repeat the previous steps. Put in your oven for 15-17 minutes and VOILA! My kids loved this tasty snack! I made 5 and they were gone in minutes!

 
cinnamon & sugar crisps
 
...............
 
What do you think? Try it for yourself, and let me know how you like it! I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment